April 13, 2017
Root Lumber has a history deeply rooted in Hardin County
Since opening our doors in 1921, it has been our commitment to provide the surrounding area with quality work and services at affordable rates.
In 1921, Paul & Don Root purchased the Callam Lumber Company in Kenton. They operated the business as Root Brothers, until 1924, when Don sold his interest to W E King. The business was known as Root King until 1940, when Paul assumed full ownership and changed the name to Root Lumber Company. Willard Root joined his father in the firm in 1947. His son, Paul joined the family business in 1978. In 1982, a new office building was completed to house an extensive line of plumbing and electrical supplies. A Renter Center was added later. Paul’s son, Chip joined the family business in 2006.